[Mediawiki-l] Modifying search results page

Alex Edelman alexoedelman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 23:47:43 UTC 2005

Hey, all.

I'm looking to change the way my search results appear. Currently,
they include, as per default, the link to the article, and below that
a snippet of text from it. My problem is that this text contains
iteral wikicode ([[]], '''', etc.). How can I change the results page
so that these marks are removed?

 Having stared and stared at searchengine.php and its related files,
I've found the classes, extended classes, and their functions way over
my head. Is there some specific function that parses wikitext? And
which function's return do I have to parse thus?

--
Sincerely,
Alex Edelman