[Mediawiki-l] Re: Embedding a section of a page in another page (syntax??)

Marcel de Ruiter zeeforel70 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 26 10:24:16 UTC 2005

  Marcel de Ruiter wrote:
> Could anyone out here please provide my the syntax used to embed a section of
> a page in another page. I tried several ways but they all fail. Embedding a
> page does work: {{:pagename}}.

You can only embed whole pages; sections never stand on their own.

If you really need to, of course, you can keep some text on a separate template
page and include it in multiple places.

  Hi Brion,

  All I wanted to do is aggregate information in different sections ("What's new" sections on different project pages) on another page. But I guess this is not a feature (should I submit it as a request?).

  Working with a template seems not the right thing here because it concerns dynamic information (it changes all the time). But I have never done anything with templates before.

  So it can be done when I have the "What's new" of the projects on separate pages?

  Best regards,

  Marcel