[Fwd: Re: [Mediawiki-l] Re: Warning: move_uploaded_file(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect.]

Martin Baumann mailsgetlost at web.de
Wed Nov 23 21:37:24 UTC 2005

Hi,

the file is only few kb. But as the wiki files are not on my server,
I cannot open php.ini file.

Martin

Martin,

What size of file are you trying to upload. Usually there will be a
2MB maximum (as specified by PHP in the ini file). If you try to go
over that, the file will, indeed be empty to the wiki

On 11/23/05, ekrah <ekrah at ekrah.com> wrote:

>> Hi Martin,
>>
>> u tried to install the wiki on an university-server, right ? So
>> sometimes i'm working for a university too and there are always problems
>> in setting up data based cms on university servers, cause they have
>> several firewalls, blockers and security issues that might caus the
>> problem. i can suggest you trying to set up your wiki on a "normal"
>> webspace first.
>>
>> i#m not sure but diverse university security reasons might cause the
>> problem.
>>
>> best regards
>> eke

----
Met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards
Hans Voss