[Mediawiki-l] my extensions have just stopped working

=James Birkholz= jbirchwood at comcast.net
Sat Nov 19 14:28:59 UTC 2005

*I've* changed nothing, but today all my extensions have stopped working. I
wonder if my host has changed php or mySql versions on me without
notifiying... (though I was out of contact for a few days or hours two
weeks ago, due to an email address change..)

The wiki text:
<extensionName>XXXXXXX</extensionName>
displays as:
NaodW29-XXXXXXX32cc55be4a593c2a00000001

It's always the same ("NaodW29-" replaces the extension open tag;
"32cc55be4a593c2a00000001" replaces the close tag).

"<BR>" is handled correctly, so it's not *all* brackets being mishandled.

see http://www.birchy.com/GenWiki/index.php?title=Kreis_Adelnau
for example.

I'm still using MW version 1.3.x (and dread having to upgrade, despite the
security issues. I think I will have horrendous encoding problems, if I
upgrade).
I don't remember which version of php and mysql my host had installed
before, but the current versions are:
PHP version 4.4.1
MySQL version 4.0.25-standard

James Birkholz