[Mediawiki-l] Mediawiki 1.4 installation problem

pdc124 at yahoo.co.uk pdc124 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Nov 13 12:14:10 UTC 2005

ive installed mediawiki 1.4 on a couple of gentoo servers ( 1.4 is the most
recent version labelled as stable  in gentoo package tree). I dont want to
upgrade to PHP5 ATM - installing 1.5 prompts  me to install PHP5.

Im getting the same error mesages  fomr both installtions (different
servers)
IE generates an error message

Quote:
   Line :2
 Char :1
 Error :syntax error
 Code:0

In FF the JSconsole shows

Quote:
  Error: syntax error
 Source File: http://www.server/wiki/index.php?title=-&action=raw&gen=js
 Line: 1
 Source Code:

 Error: The stylesheet
http://www.server/wiki/index.php?title=MediaWiki:Monobook.css&action=raw&ctype=text/css&smaxage=18000
was not loaded because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".

 Error: The stylesheet
http://www.server/wiki/index.php?title=-&action=raw&gen=css was not loaded
because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".

is it me ?
or gentoo ?
or mediawiki ?