[Mediawiki-l] mediawiki 1.5.2 editting problem {{Portal|{{{topic}}} }}

judi chen judi_chen at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 13 05:09:42 UTC 2005

Hi Rowan,
Thanks again for your detailed explaination.

I do have a better understanding of Namespace and
subpage now.

But I still have one problem.

As I explained earlier that I am running mediawiki
1.5.2 on a Fedora Core 4 box.

I have PHP-5.0.4-10.5 with Zend PHP optimizer
installed.

Currently the my mediawiki system does not seem to
interpret {{/box-header|{{{topic}}}
portal|Portal:{{{topic}}}/Intro|}}
It interpret the above as
Template:/box-header}portal|Portal:{{{topic}}}/Intro|}}

My system seems does not understand {{{topic}}} when
{{{topic}}} is inside {{Portal|}}}

Is this a bug or I am missing something

Thanks
jc

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php/Template:Box_portal_skeleton

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Link#Subpage_feature

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Custom_namespaces
> ), and then
> enable sub-pages for that namespace, by editting
> your
> LocalSettings.php. You can use your template without
> doing any of that
> though, in an existing namespace which *does* have
> sub-pages, such as
> a Talk: or Project: page (or, indeed, another
> Template: page).
>

> I hope this explains most of what's going on here,
> and apologies if it
> seems too long-winded; but I thought it better to
> try and explain the
> issues involved rather than just troubleshoot the
> problem, so that you
> can use the features effectively yourself, and
> overcome other problems
> as they arise.
>
> --
> Rowan Collins BSc