[Mediawiki-l] iso-8859-1 conversion to UTF-8 failed during upgrade from 1.4.0 to 1.5.2

erchache2000 erchache2000.enciclopedia at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 16:01:26 UTC 2005

Its needless to say to make BACKUPS of all your database data and images
before apply any change.

1- make a dump of your database.
2- make a cp from your database.sql to isodatabase.sql, to take a backup
to apply utf8 conversion.
3- apply iconv: iconv -f iso-8859-1 -t utf-8 isodatabase.sql >
utf8database.sql
4- make a cp from your utf8database.sql to test.sql, to take a backup to
upgrade to 1.5.x.
4- Make upgrade on webbrowser with test.sql
5- If everything is good, your system are on 1.5.x version. (but on my
specific system fails....)

Well, i think this is correct, its all i know about the process...

Good Luck...