[Mediawiki-l] Re: How to receive a mail on every change in a watched page ?

Nicolas STRANSKY Nicolas.Stransky at curie.fr
Wed Nov 2 12:10:37 UTC 2005

Le 14.10.2005 14:22, Nicolas STRANSKY a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have a wiki with some pages changing quite often. I'd like to receive
> an e-mail everytime a watched page is modified, whether I have visited
> the page since the last change or not.
> In my current configuration, no further notification e-mails are sent
> until the watched page is visited. I'd like to suppress this limitation
> for some pages in the wiki. Is that possible ?
>
> Thanks for any hint,

In fact I think that a temporary solution would be the following but I'm
not sure what to do exactly as I'm not very good in SQL...

People that have not visited a particular page "page_name" in their
watchlist will satisfy this condition, I think :

SELECT *
FROM `watchlist`
WHERE `wl_namespace` =0
AND `wl_title` = 'page_name'
AND `wl_notificationtimestamp` != '0'

Is that right ?
How could I automate the process of resetting the
wl_notificationtimestamp value to 0 with a (shell?) script ?

Thanks
--
Nicolas STRANSKY
Équipe Oncologie Moléculaire