[Mediawiki-l] best way to integrate blog functionality

Jama Poulsen jama at debianlinux.net
Sat May 28 12:35:13 UTC 2005

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 06:27:00PM -0700, b h wrote:
> and I found this extension:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Fxparlant/Blog
>
> but I don't think that is exactly what my users are
> looking for (I mean, that extension is almost
> misnamed).  Or maybe I don't understand it that well.

I've just created a small Mediawiki extension to include PlanetPlanet
(http://www.planetplanet.org) powered feed aggregates for Wikicompany.

There are currently two feeds online:
http://www.wikicompany.org/wiki/Wikicompany:Planet_Wikicompany
http://www.wikicompany.org/wiki/Wikicompany:Planet_Science
Feeds category: http://www.wikicompany.org/wiki/Category:Planets

The plan is to have more good (freely accessable and from the source)
feeds related to companies/sectors/regions in the future.

I need to do some CSS work on the pages and templates, to make it look
better, but it is a start.

I'm also planning on taking the feeds in the Planet configs from the
Wiki (to make the feed channel configuration available to the editors),
but I have other things to do first.

PlanetPlanet is easy to setup, but if you have questions, let me know.

regards,

Jama Poulsen