[Mediawiki-l] best way to integrate blog functionality

b h bobhumphrey22 at yahoo.com
Sat May 28 01:27:00 UTC 2005

I just started admining a mediawiki on an intranet,
and already my users are asking about support for
blogs.  Doing a quick search, all I found was this,
which isn't that useful:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikinews_and_Blogs

and I found this extension:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Fxparlant/Blog

but I don't think that is exactly what my users are
looking for (I mean, that extension is almost
misnamed).  Or maybe I don't understand it that well.

Some of the more bloated wikis seem to have some
suppport, but there is a reason I didn't choose them -
they were too bloated!  I like the simple and sleek
look of mediawiki.

I know users can create/edit pages, (for instance, top
post to a weekly page (or daily page) etc.), but is
there something or some technique that might be a
little more automated for posting?  If it's not easy,
they won't use it (comparing it to blogger), and just
complain!

thanks
bob