[Mediawiki-l] (no subject)

Scott T. Emery emery at nas.nasa.gov
Fri May 27 19:17:06 UTC 2005

	I am a member of a mediawiki, not a sysop.  I have been adding
content to the wiki, but I have encountered a couple of (related?) problems.
I like the mediawiki interface, very simple, but the problems I am having
are unacceptable and may cause me to recommend a change in software.

I make changes and non-members cannot see them.
	Before I log in, I cannot see the changes I have made. After I
log in, I can see my changes.

I make changes which later disappear.
	I added a page to the main page and populated it.  Now the
page is missing this has happened more than once.

	I expect that these are generic issues which have configuration based
causes, rather than being bugs, but I have not found these issues reported
or in FAQs.  There are similar issues in bugzilla, but the descriptions are
subtlely different.

    MediaWiki (http://wikipedia.sf.net/): 1.4rc1
    PHP (http://www.php.net/): 4.3.10 (apache2handler)
    MySQL (http://www.mysql.com/): 4.1.10a