[Mediawiki-l] The image is not being displayed

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Mon May 9 14:20:18 UTC 2005

On 5/9/05, vijay kalghatgi <vijaysk_84 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anybody tell me how to add images to the mediawiki?
> I have enabled the upload files and used syntax like this:
> [[Image:logo.jpg]], where logo.jpg is stored in /mediawiki/images
> Still I'm not getting the image.
> Can anybody tell me how to configure images?
> Please its urgent!
>
> Regards
> Vijay

Did you UPLOAD the image or just put it in the images subdirectory of
your installation?

Uploaded images don't go directly in the images directory, instead
some kind of multi-level directory structure is used.  I haven't dug
through the code to figure out how it works, and it's quite likely
that even putting a file in the right place won't make it accessible
as an image since there also needs to be info in the database.  So the
net is that you really need to upload images to make them accessible
via the [[Image:...]] syntax.

Judging by the name of the image file in your example, you might be
wanting to change the the site logo, if that's the case look at the
documentation for the $wgLogo variable.