[Mediawiki-l] Re: Activating Turck MMCache after installation

Tim Starling t.starling at physics.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Jun 20 11:42:11 UTC 2005

David Liontooth wrote:
> The effect was a messed up cache function -- the second wiki's Main_Page
> would consistently display in the first wiki. If I selected [Edit] and
> Preview, I would see the first wiki's real Main_Page intact, but saving
> it would revert the display to the second wiki's front page.

This is probably because you were using a table prefix to distinguish
the two wikis, rather than a different database. This is not supported
properly by MediaWiki, and will be a problem whether you use Turck or
Memcached. The DB-based cache is the only one that's immune, since it's
stored in a table with a prefixed name.

-- Tim Starling