[Mediawiki-l] Embedding an image in a text

Projet OOQCB colonna at lct.jussieu.fr
Wed Jan 19 16:20:11 UTC 2005

Hello,

I am using a local Mediawiki.

I would like to embed an  image stored in file Truc.png  in a page text.

the images directory rights are:
drwxrwxrwx  6 wwwrun www   4096 2005-01-19 17:00 images

I have uncommented the  LocalSettings.php line:
$wgDisableUploads   = false;

I put the Truc.png file in the images directory

I wrote the following in the page text:
[[Image:Truc.png|  Un Truc]]

and I got

Missing Image
Un_Truc
Truc.png

Where is this procedure described, in the Documentation?

Other questions:
1) what  "thumbnail" means, it is not in my dictionary ?
2) what is the meaning of the name space "Image:" ?
does this locate the image in the images directory ?

Thanks for answering.
Best regards
--
Francois Colonna