[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki through SSL reverse-proxy (stunnel)

christopher at baus.net christopher at baus.net
Sat Jan 15 10:44:03 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I've been banging my head against the wall for a week trying
to get MediaWiki to work through an SSL reverse proxy.  In
my case stunnel, but the same should apply to any reverse
proxy.

Media Wiki incorrectly determines the IP, port, and protocol
when running through a reverse proxy.  It assumes that the
host address is the internet facing address.  When using
a reverse proxy this is not the case.

I have documented my solution briefly here:

http://www.baus.net/stunnelmediawikisolved

Christopher Baus

========
Implementing an HTTP proxy?