[Mediawiki-l] Problem with UTF-8

Clemens Bergmann cbergmann at schuhklassert.de
Tue Jan 4 14:33:21 UTC 2005

hi,
sorry that i ask at the mailing list.
But i did't find anything usefull eleswhere.
my problem is that whenever a special character is displayed on the page I only see a question mark.
The wiki is set to UTF-8.
the strange thing is that when I surf to e.g. wikipedia it is displayed correct.
When I look at the sourcecode of the generated page There is a difference between my page and the one of wikipedia.
All the special characters in my page are only one char ( e.g. a german ä ) but on Wikipedia they are two chars.
in my LanguageDe.php all the text is saved in the two char form ( e.g. À ) which I think is the correct UTF-8 form. but when it reaches my browser it has changed.
my wiki can be found at:
http://angel.homelinux.org/wiki/

Can someone help me?
Clemens

p.s. sorry for my bad english iam not an native english speaker. (German)