[Mediawiki-l] How to remove the bottom "From http:/www..." link?

Jamie Bliss astronouth7303 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 20:48:00 UTC 2005

For me, the only way to do it was to actually create a new setting, as
it seems that even hacking the CSS didn't help. I'm currently using
1.4b6

The first thing I did was add a configuration variable,
$wgIncludeRetrievedFrom. A boolean value, TRUE means to show it, FALSE
means don't.

Then, I opened up includes/SkinTemplate.php and found the line where
$PrintFooter is set (that's line#321 for me). It should  say something
like:
 		$printfooter = "<div class=\"printfooter\">\n" .
$this->printSource() . "</div>\n";
Change it to:
 		global $wgIncludeRetrievedFrom;
         if ($wgIncludeRetrievedFrom) { $printfooter = "<div
class=\"printfooter\">\n" . $this->printSource() . "</div>\n"; }
 		else { $printfooter = ''; }

Save it, and clear your cache. Now, if you set $wgIncludeRetrievedFrom
to false, it shouldn't appear anymore.