[Mediawiki-l] Changing password-reminder email text

Kris Coryn Kris.Coryn at Pandora.be
Fri Feb 18 20:20:39 UTC 2005

hoi Luigi

> Currently, when someone gets a password reminder mailed to them from
> Mediawiki, they get a rather cryptic message like:
>
> "Someone (probably you) from IP X has requested...."
>
> I'd like to change that text. I've looked in the following files in /includes:
>
> UserMail.php
> SpecialEmailuser.php
> Userlogin.php
> SpecialUserlogin.php
>
> But none seem to contain the actual text of the email message. Can
> anyone point me to the right file(s)?

i think best in the namespaces look for example on wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Allmessages  and search for
"passwordremindertext" this result also in editing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Passwordremindertext

kris