[Mediawiki-l] mediawiki image alignment problem

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Mon Feb 14 16:36:42 UTC 2005

On 14 Feb 2005, at 00:21, Tin Huynh wrote:

> I can not get images i've uploaded to align either left or right.  ive
> checked the mediawiki syntax for this a million times and everything
> ive tried doesnt work.  When im editing a page, i enter:
>
> [[image:test.png|right]]
>
> *i read that you can also add another vertical bar at the end of right
> so that "right" does not appear as the alt text.

The second vertical bar and alt text appears to be mandatory. I had the
same problem as you until I supplied it.

> p.s. i know that the thumbnailing function is not enabled if GD
> library is not installed, but i should still be able to resize my
> images right?  using this syntax:
>
> [[image:test.png|left|thumb|50px|]]
>
> it should just resize using html correct?  maybe this problem is
> connected to the above one?

Re-sizing vial HTML is evil. Don't do it. Those of us with less than
humongous bandwidth will thank you.

:::: We got the best politicians in this country that money can buy. --
Will Rogers
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/99AA34>