[Mediawiki-l] Re: resetting the sysop password

Jason Davies ucgajpd at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Feb 9 18:24:41 UTC 2005

>But you "own" your database. Your ISP or parent organization SHOULD
>give you access to it somehow, even though I agree they should NOT
>give you access to the database directories.
>
>Another approach once you have access to the database: put in an email
>address for the user, then go back to MediaWiki and press the "mail be
>a password" button.

it's not that simple...it's housed in a directory belonging to someone
else (long story!).  It is being resolved but there are 'issues'...(not
unreasonable ones).

In fact i've done what i needed through their admin interface. But i
thought this would give me access to the actual php files, so I've
clearly got confused about the structure of this thing...i'm only a
mortal university lecturer...