[Mediawiki-l] User can't stay logged in

Jonathan Pennington penningj at engr.orst.edu
Mon Feb 7 16:22:42 UTC 2005

Brion,
I did some digging and found that using session.cookie_domain by setting
it to the main domain '.sourceforge.net' will automatically make the
cookie valid for any XX.sourceforge.net server. I found $wgCookieDomain
in DefaultSettings.php and set it in LocalSettings.php. This seems to
work, and eliminates my other problem of not being able to do admin
tasks from the web. Unless there are any issues with this method, it
seems a bit better than a directory in the project space.

Thanks so much!
-JW
--
JW Pennington	| My Mind Map:http://oregonstate.edu/~penningj/
Masters Student: Bioresource Engineering & Geosciences