[Mediawiki-l] Copy the MonoBook Skin

Travian Wiki travian.wiki at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 04:22:18 UTC 2005

Is it possible to make a copy of the MonoBook skin, and then rename it to
something else?  I want to copy the MonoBook skin, and then start modifying
it from there.

So far, I know that you have to copy the MonoBook folder and rename it to
the skin name.  You then have to copy Monobook.php and rename it to the skin
name.  You then have to change the lines -

class SkinChristmas extends SkinTemplate {

/** Using monobook. */

function initPage( &$out ) {

SkinTemplate::initPage( $out );

$this->skinname = 'Christmas';

$this->stylename = 'Christmas';

$this->template = 'ChristmasTemplate';

}

}

In this example, it would make a skin called Christmas.  Where do you go
from here?  What has to be modified in SkinTemplate.php and SkinPHPTal.php?