[Mediawiki-l] Integration with mailman

Raphael HUCK raphaelh at nist.gov
Fri Dec 9 19:32:51 UTC 2005

Hi,

our association is using Mediawiki for its website, and mailman is used
as a mailing list manager.

However, the web frontend of mailman is not integrated with the wiki,
the look is different, and moreover it can be a bit hard for "normal
users" to subscribe. And finally, we don't want users to have to
register once for the wiki, and then another time for the mailing list.

I have found an extension for mailman:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailman

It works great, but it only displays another form to subscribe to the
mailing list.

We would like users to be able to register to the wiki and the mailing
list using the same form, all at once.

The problem is that mediawiki and mailman forms need to do a POST on 2
different pages.

We have thought about a newsletter extension that would send a mail to
all the subscribed users, but what we really want is a mailing list
where users can send messages to the list too.

Has anyone done any kind of integration with a mailing list manager before ?

Thanks in advance,

--Raphael HUCK