[Mediawiki-l] importing public databases into mediawiki

HumanCell .org humancell at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 13:38:37 UTC 2005

> 3) go to Special:Import while logged in as a sysop, and import your
> new XML file. Ta-da! A whole lotta new articles!

That sounds pretty interesting Rowan.  So there only needs to be one
XML file containing all the rows and with one call to Special:Import
multiple articles are generated.  Neat.

> Alternatively, of course, you could write something that read from one
> database and wrote to the other,

Want to avoid that if possible.  So your first suggestion sounds better.

Rob's suggestion looks quite interesting too - I'm also looking for a
tool for data validation (to ensure infobox fields are valid data)  so
the bot might be quite useful for that too.

Thanks for the suggestions...am going to try them out...