[Mediawiki-l] Image mime type troubles with 1.5.2

Michelle michelle.sg1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 02:45:18 UTC 2005

After upgrading from 1.4.12 to MW 1.5.2, we found that some of our
images were no longer displaying, and their pages showed a warning
about possible malicious code.

I traced the problem to the images' major_mime_type field being blank
in the image table. Not unknown, but blank. We had to download, re-
save, and re-upload those 200 or so images. They were created the
same way as all our others as far as we know (usually from screen
captures), and they certainly weren't malicious in content.

Any ideas how this happened or how to avoid it? Will the mime
checking prevent such uploads in the future?

Thanks
Michelle