[Mediawiki-l] 1.5rc3: navigation box

Rowan Collins rowan.collins at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 15:14:38 UTC 2005

On 27/08/05, Sy <sy1234 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe the desired functionality would be expressed like this in wikicode:
>
> title:
> * [[first link]]
> * [[second link]]
> ** [[third link]]
>
> Notice the indentation of the third link.

Hm. Then there's something odd going on, because that's working fine
from where I'm viewing it: see screenshot at
http://195.137.84.82/~ron/contextwiki.png It looks like that for me in
Mozilla, Firefox, Konqueror and Safari!

However, viewing the resulting HTML source suggests that it's not
creating quite the right nesting - it has the sequence
to get the latter form, where the sub-list is *inside* an item of the
outer list). Maybe IE renders such a syntax differently?

However, to add to the confusion
http://contextgarden.net/MediaWiki:Sidebar shows up as empty, and I'm
unable to create the same effect (or indeed, make MediaWiki:sidebar do
*anything*) on my own test wiki! So maybe it is some kind of caching
issue. Blarg.

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]