[Mediawiki-l] emailing forgotten passwords

andrew at mac-boy.com andrew at mac-boy.com
Thu Aug 25 21:17:57 UTC 2005

So I'm running MediaWiki 1.4.7. My users have been wanting to use the "I
forgot my password so email it to me" button when they forget their
password... unfortunately, it does not work! No erroring, just a message
that claims a message was sent.

Sendmail wasn't even installed on my machine until someone let me know
they were trying to use this feature. I promptly installed sendmail, and
set about looking for some setting or variable in the php to enable the
use of the newly-installed sendmail.

I'm confused. An adventure in searching through meta.wikimedia.org was
fruitless.

Thanks for the help!

Andrew Moll