[Mediawiki-l] idea: MediaWiki summary extension

Sy sy1234 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 12:52:36 UTC 2005

I'm not a programmer, but I understand that extensions can do some
pretty powerful stuff.  I have been thinking that a summary extension
would be a perfect supplement to weblogging templating that I hacked
together.

A summary extension would work just like the gallery tag.  It would
create previews of its associated pages.

<summary>
page one
page two
page three
</summary>

The things I would want it to do:
* Customize the header
* Begin the summary at the first horizontal rule
* Be able to specify an image to use as a thumbnail for the summary.

Would such a thing even be feasible to make?

http://jrandomhacker.info/mw/index.php/MediaWiki_summary_extension