[Mediawiki-l] "|" in a url is valid

solo turn soloturn at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 16:43:24 UTC 2005

the more bothering was point 1: depending where you put the "|" the
outcome is different.

for point 2:
[] has a clear meaning when something begins and ends. i think it is
unclean to let it break by |,  no matter if it is in the spec or not.
and in the mediawiki doc it says that a blank space is between the
link and the label. and, after more than 2 million articles change
from [] to [[]] ... just to save one line in the documentation ... i
do not know if you are really meaning what you are saying.

-solo.