[Mediawiki-l] [ANN] MediaWiki as a weblog, and calendaring.

SJ 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 14:43:17 UTC 2005

Sweet.   I hope you can showcase more of the customization options in
your own MW blog... and that other examples pop up as well.  I don't
know that MW is the ideal blogging platform (recent case in point: the
recent Wikimania blog [1]) but it's good that you are touching on
issues of transcluding and summarizing articles in various formats.
This is useful for a calendar or blogpost-overview, but also more
broadly for articles and timelines of varying levels of detail.  A
timeline of human history[2], for instance, might need more than a few
different levels.

SJ

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania:Blog
[2] http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikimania05/Workshop-EZ1