[Mediawiki-l] What is the current state of content importing/exporting?

ben wiseley wiseleyb at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 15:55:59 UTC 2005

Not to do a blatant plug here or anything (as I like MediaWiki far better
and 9/10 wikis I run/own are MediaWiki - mainly because of the awesome
plugin architecture) but my brother runs the http://EditMe.com wiki company
which, besides being ridiculously easy to use and dirt cheap, is also HTML
based which might make MS-Save-As-Crap-HTML -> Wiki a bit easier. EditMe is
a bit better suited to the "I refuse to learn anything" corporate crowd and
has a very easy to use MS Word type editing environment. He'll work with you
on corporate installations if using it over the web isn't an option.

He's been making noise for a few years about Open Sourcing editme if that
matters - he just never seems to get around to it.

RE The HTML->Wiki Code... it'd probably be fairly trivial (naivety sucks :)
to write some XSLT that'd translate XHTML -> Wiki code (note, I said XHTML,
not HTML, so, in short, tidy(html) ) and then wrap that in an extension.

-ben