[Mediawiki-l] Merge a MediaWiki 1.3.9 with a 1.5beta4

Hein Rigolo rigolo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 08:47:21 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have a mediawiki 1.3.9 setup with a number of pages. This mediawiki
was setup to show the potential of a wiki site to the management of my
department.

Now they have decided to setup a mediawiki for the whole company to
use to see if people will start using it.

Now I want to "move" the pages from my old wiki to the new server. Is
there an easy way of doing this? Can I use the Export/Import XML
functions? and how about the uploaded images? are they included in the
XML export/import?

Should I first upgrade the old instalation to a 1.5beta4 also? and
than do something on database level?

There are around 100 images in the wiki and around 150 user pages

Thanks,

Hein Rigolo