[Mediawiki-l] Setting up a test system

John Fader jfader at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 17:35:26 UTC 2005

On 4/30/05, James Gardiner <jamesg at womble.org> wrote:

> Hello
>
> If I setup a test system in say /test and later want to make it
> public and move it to the root directory, is it just a matter of
> editing the config file after moving the files or is there more than
> needs to be done?

Assuming you have access to the httpd.conf / apache2.conf, an apache
Alias directive will allow you to move the URL at which that mediawiki
appears at will; there doesn't have to be a slavish mapping between
the URL scheme and the directories on the server.

So you'd just say

  Alias /wiki /test

(don't forget to restart apache to get it to reread the file).  Docs:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_alias.html

--
John Fader