[Mediawiki-l] Ungraceful mysqld shutdown & "Database error"

Matt England mengland at mengland.net
Thu Apr 28 22:14:57 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm in a bit of predicament.

I unfortunately was in a position where I ungracefully shutdown my mysql
server.  After restarting it, I'm finding that MediaWiki reports "Database
error: Internal error" after any attempt to save an edited wiki page.  It's
worth noting that all the changes seem to be accepted, in that if I visit
the page the changes I supplied during the edit are displayed.

I'm trying to debug this problem, for while it seems cosmetic at first,
it's certainly disturbing to my users.  Further, I want to learn from this
and figure out how to recover from this...not to mention figure out where
the darn mysql/mediawiki logs are.  [[Special:Log]] tells me absolutely
nothing.  Not one log entry.

I am running mysql 4.0.21, MediaWiki 1.4.0, Apache 2.0.52 (apache and mysql
stuff comes from XAMPP 1.49a).  I can provide more info about this upon
request.  I'd also provide pertinent logs...if I could find anything.

I'm hunting around meta.wikimedia.org and have yet to find anything that
addresses.  I also have tried several times to search this email list's
archive via a google mechanism and have yet to succeed (I can't find any of
my old emails from several weeks/months ago when I search for "Matt
England"...even though I can find *some* emails...).

Thanks for any help.  Like I mentioned, I'm kind of in a tight spot on this
one.

-Matt