[Mediawiki-l] Spam blacklist?

me at work me.at.work at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 21:47:03 UTC 2005

On 4/28/05, Brion Vibber <brion at pobox.com> wrote:
> Charles Sutton wrote:
> > I've noticed that Wikipedia and Meta have a spam blacklist that disallows
> > external links that match certain regexps. How do I enable this on my
> > local Wiki?
> >
> > I've tried setting up a page Spam_blacklist, copied from the version on
> > Meta.
> > I've searched for information both on Meta, and by grepping the php code.
>
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/wikipedia/extensions/SpamBlacklist/README?rev=1.1
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Brion, there's nothing on meta about this.  [[MetaWikiPedia:Anti-spam
Features]] mentioned just to make the page, so I've edited it to also
note that you must have the extension.

I ask someone out there more knowledgeable on this to add some info on
setting up the plugin to this page.

Thanks!
--
Tom