[Mediawiki-l] Disabling account creation

Carlton B carltonb at mindspring.com
Sun Apr 24 14:11:13 UTC 2005

I've succeeded in getting MediaWiki to authenticate off of vBulletin using
an extension of the AuthPlugin.

My problem now is that users still can create MediaWiki accounts.  This
defeats the whole purpose.

How do I disallow users from creating local MediaWiki accounts?  Preferably
I'd like to replace the "Retype password...." part of the form with a
message telling them where they really need to go to create a password.

Also... I notice that in the AuthPlugin documentation, mention is made of
pulling the user's email address from an external source so that MediaWiki
can use it.  Pulling the email is easy enough, but where do I pass it so
that MW can make use of it?

Thanks,
Carlton