[Mediawiki-l] windows shares

Alistair Johnson JohnsonA at rembrandt.co.nz
Sun Apr 17 21:20:23 UTC 2005

We do this for our Intranet (MediaWiki 1.4 running on IIS) by mapping a
virtual directory to a share.  We then can use

[http://ourserver/directory/filename.ext description] to access files that
are on the share.

It's a little clumsy but it works.  The added benefit is we can use NTFS
security to restrict access to files (note we also use NTFS authentication
via IIS for wiki authentication).

al.