[Mediawiki-l] Categories and #REDIRECT?

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Fri Apr 15 16:19:31 UTC 2005

On 15 Apr 2005, at 08:39, Uwe Baumbach wrote:

>> Is there any way to make redirected pages show up in a Category,
>> preferably the same one(s) as the page it redirects to?
>
> Try to write the category link(s) IN THE SAME LINE after the redirect
> statement only after a blank, like this:
>
> #REDIRECT [[Redirectee]] [[category:MyCategory1]]
> [[category:MyCategory2]]
>
> I don't know of which version your MediaWiki is, in our oldest (!)
> 1.3.0Beta1 it works.

Thank you, Uwe! That works in 1.4b5 just fine!

I'm copying this to the entire list, since no one else thought it could
be done without moving to 1.5 development.

:::: At the root of our problem is America's addiction to cheap energy.
It would be a sad commentary if our leaders found it easier to send
Americans to fight in the desert than to impose gasoline and other
energy taxes -- James Gustave Speth, 1990
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.IslandSeeds.org>