[Mediawiki-l] upload trouble

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Wed Apr 13 16:34:56 UTC 2005

On 13 Apr 2005, at 03:02, sebastian n/a wrote:

> thank you for your reply Adam,
> unfortunately this is not the problem since i already set the settings
> you mentioned before...
> i don´t know what else it could be :-(

Have you carefully re-checked permissions, especially if you're using
symbolic links?

I had a similar problem recently. The MediaWiki installer gives itself
a hard linked path, and I was using a symbolic-linked path in Apache.
Bottom line, Apache could get there with write permission, but
MediaWiki could not. The perpetrator was several levels up, and wasn't
obvious.

:::: He who possesses art and science has religion; he who does not
possess them, needs religion. -- Göthe
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Van>