[Mediawiki-l] Just the article wanted

KILLROY killroy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 07:58:42 UTC 2005

In-Reply-To=deebf0b905033117406f5afb46%40mail.gmail.com

Hi,

I've been at the same poing. I thought of starting with the MediaWiki
Software and then stripping it till I have the raw rendering engine.
Unfortunately it's not very well design and/or modular. So I soon gave
up on this and since I've wirtten many wiki syntax parsers bvefore I
figured I'd start from the bottom up.

Basic formattign and linking was easy, but MediaWiki has a lot of
extra features that other wikies don't have, such as namespaces,
templates and categories. So far I got most things working, including
variables and links nested inside templets (I haven't done templates
as variables to tamplates yet). and most pages I cehcked look fine.
All I have to do now is build a backlinks database so I can enable te
category functionality and perhaps see if I can insert images from
wiki commons.

The formatting code is largely the MediaWiki one, but my linking and
tempalte code is all regex based, rather then parser based.

Regards,
Sven Neumann