[Mediawiki-l] "Database error / Internal error" when saving pages

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Sun Apr 10 00:55:26 UTC 2005

Michael Randall wrote:
> I've seen this posted here before (found in the archives), but never saw a
> solution.  I first tried installing an RC of 1.4, and hit this same problem.
> I installed the last 1.3 release, and that went ok.  Just trying to upgrade
> to 1.4 final now, and hitting this again.  Installation went ok, no errors,
> but now when saving changes to a page, getting...
> Database error
> Internal error

Turn on SQL error display (see DefaultSettings.php for all configurable
settings).

Most likely you have a table that's marked in the crashed state; this
can happen if the MySQL server crashed while it was open. Use MySQL's
REPAIR TABLE command on any such tables to clear it up.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)