[Mediawiki-l] Magnus Manske's wiki2xml

FxParlant f-x.p at laposte.net
Fri Apr 8 18:07:35 UTC 2005

I thought Magnus would also make write a message on this list, as he did
  yesterday on gmane.science.linguistics.wikipedia.technical ... but he
didn't. I quote his mail:

************************
Magnus Manske wrote:

Here it is! The millionth pseudo-parser I wrote for wiki(p|m)edia!  :-)

Written as a single class, it takes a MediaWiki-style markuped (is that
a word?) source and generates the XML flavor Timwi and I have been using
in all our unfinished projects!  ;-)

Try it out at

http://www.magnusmanske.de/wikipedia/wiki2xml.php

Just paste a wiki source text in, and get the XML. As you will notice,
it wasn't written for speed.

It is not a "real" parser, but the structure is simlar to what a parser
generator would make, except taking a few shortcuts here and there.

This could be the heart of a *real* export function. Just write a
XML-to-PDF generator (and replace the templates, and get rid of the
categories and language links) and you're done!  :-)