[Mediawiki-l] default help?

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Wed Apr 6 21:50:46 UTC 2005

Josh Santangelo wrote:
> I'm working on setting up a mediawiki for my company, and it's working
> okay so far. The problem I'm having is that there's no user
> documentation built in, and anything I copy from wikipedia or wikimedia
> has links to other pages which don't exist in my (empty) setup.
>
> Is there any way to import the entire "help" namespace from wikimedia
> into my installation?

There's not a standalone help page set available at this time.

If you wanted to try extracting help pages, you'd have to download the
database dump of the wiki you want to extract from, select out just the
ones in the help namespaces, then spend a lot of time correcting things.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)