[Mediawiki-l] wiki exploding my frames

Rowan Collins rowan.collins at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 14:51:05 UTC 2005

On Apr 2, 2005 9:45 AM, FxParlant <f-x.p at laposte.net> wrote:

> Whenever I try with a wikipedia (or my wiki), the frameset explodes and
> there isn't any frame.
>
> Is that the effect of a special php or javascript, that I could
> disconnect on my wiki?

Yep, it's a snippet of JavaScript, intended I think to avoid people
displaying Wikipedia content in their own frameset to make it look
like their own - very lazy (since they can run a mirror) and
anti-social (since bandwidth costs donations).

Anyway, it consists of one line in "wikibits.js" (somewhere in the
ever-changing skins directory structure, I'll let you find yours):

// Un-trap us from framesets
if( window.top != window ) window.top.location = window.location;

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]