[Mediawiki-l] Printable Version?

tic at tictric.net tic at tictric.net
Tue Sep 14 17:41:41 UTC 2004

Am Tue, 14 Sep 2004 14:56:58 +0100 hat Rowan Collins
<rowan.collins at gmail.com> geschrieben:

> Muke Tever wrote:
>> I was suspecting that the lack of "printable version" in monobook
>> indicated that rules for printouts were indicated in the stylesheet
>> itself, and after a quick test just now this indeed appears to be the
>> case.
>>
>> (This is hardly intuitive--not knowing this, on Wikipedia recently I
>> have been switching to classic skin to get printable versions.)
>
> Yes, I must say I wouldn't have thought of this, and a non-technical
> user would almost certainly just think "this won't look very good
> printed out". I wonder if there's some way of making it more obvious
> that this is the case...

I know this is not a solution to that problem though I think it would be
sufficient to mention it somewhere accessible but if you use the Opera
browser you get a printing preview just by hitting the P key. Then you see
what ya gonna get.
I can imagine that ie got something like that too.

--tic