[Mediawiki-l] Problems with numerical lists

Muke Tever muke at frath.net
Fri Sep 10 13:51:24 UTC 2004

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:09:02 +0900, Jean-Christian Imbeault <jean-christian.imbeault at mizuho-sc.com> wrote:
> I would like my list numbering to keep going (1, 2 ...). I realize the
> problem is because of the new line. However I want the entries under
> each list item to have an example in a nice box (hence the leading
> space). However I cannot find a way to achieve this that keeps the list
> number from restarting at 1 every time.

If you want the numbering to continue, you use this format:

#a
#:text
#b
#:text

It will not number the ones indented with ":", and resumes numeration at the next ordinary "#". It doesn't have to be ":", it could also be another number "#" or a bullet "*".

As for the "nice box", personally I can't stand them (they'd wouldnt be so bad if they werent monospaced), but you can call it in HTML by hand:

#a
#:<pre>text</pre>
#b
#:<pre>text</pre>

	*Muke!
--
website:     http://frath.net/
LiveJournal: http://kohath.livejournal.com/

FrathWiki, a conlang and conculture wiki:
http://wiki.frath.net/