[Mediawiki-l] texvc (Formulas): fmtutil.cnf can't be found

Thomas 'Hobbes' Keller tkhobbes at gmx.ch
Wed Oct 27 07:36:22 UTC 2004

Hello all

I just finished the installation of a mediawiki on a shared hosting
environment; everything went well, I even managed to compile the texvc
binary in the math-subdirectory.
However, here's where the trouble start.
I am trying to convert a formula using texvc on a command prompt (for
testing reasons), but I'll get an error fmtutil.cnf can't be found.

I had to compile the whole tex-packages in a temp-directory and have now
moved the following files into a final directory (which lies in my path):
latex (a symbolic link to tex), tex, dvips, mktexfmt (a symbolic link to
fmtutil), fmtutil, kpsewhich and now, because of the error message,
fmtutil.cnf.

As I said, the directory containing fmtutil.cnf lies in the path, but for
some reason, fmtutil does not find it.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks very much
thomas