[Mediawiki-l] Is it possible to enable database locking?

Steve Elgersma elgersma at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 12:55:01 UTC 2004

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 00:47:32 +0200, Steffen Siebert
<steffen.siebert at logware.de> wrote:

> a little test with mediawiki showed that if two users are editing the
> same page in parallel, the changes of the user who saves last overwrites
> (removes) all changes the other user saved.

Are you, by any chance, running the web server/PHP on a Solaris
platform?  I'm noticing the same behaviour, but only on Solaris:
Linux-based installs do the right thing.  I just submitted a bug
report yesterday (#619).  Seems odd that it would be OS-based, but
unless I've missed something blindingly obvious...

Later,
Steve