[Mediawiki-l] Fwd: Problems with the Germans Umlaute: ä, ö, ü

Arena Andrea andrea at arena.cd
Tue Nov 30 21:49:36 UTC 2004

He,

the file languages/LanguageDe.php is ok.

I just changed the following:
$wgLocalInterwiki   = $wgSitename;

$wgLanguageCode = "de";
$wgUseLatin1 = false;

$wgProxyKey =
"862891371be901f74c33f4738ee96fa1db5b1555e58c54b1868a4d531adb87";

Here there are the details of my PHP config:
PHP 4 http://server9.hostpoint.ch/~testhost/phpinfo.php
PHP 5 http://server9.hostpoint.ch/~testhost/php5/phpinfo.php

As further information, I can confirm you, taht when i run the same
Mediawiki on my local System on Mac 10.3.6, the problem doesen't
exists. As soon as I move Mediawiki to my Hostprovider, the problems
comes up. Even with the original downloaded MediaWiki folder.

I suppose that the problem is caused by my provider. Could it be?

Andrea