[Mediawiki-l] Installation Problems

moskitobug at web.de moskitobug at web.de
Tue Nov 23 22:24:30 UTC 2004

I´v got this message in the beginning of the installation process:

      *Warning*: set_time_limit(): Cannot set time limit in safe mode in
      */mnt/kw1/01/914/00000000/htdocs/Bioseite/mediawiki/install-utils.inc*
      on line *27*
    * PHP 4.3.9: ok
    * *Warning: PHP's safe mode <http://www.php.net/features.safe-mode>
      is active!* You will likely have problems caused by this. You may
      need to make the 'images' subdirectory writable or specify a TMP
      environment variable pointing to a writable temporary directory
      owned by you, since safe mode breaks the system temporary directory.
    * PHP server API is cgi; using ugly URLs (index.php?title=Page_Title)
    * Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
    * PHP's memory_limit is 8M. *If this is too low, installation may
      fail!* Attempting to raise limit to 20M... failed.
    * Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
    * Found GD graphics library built-in, image thumbnailing will be
      enabled if you enable uploads.
    * Installation directory:
      /mnt/kw1/01/914/00000000/htdocs/Bioseite/mediawiki
    * Script URI path: /mediawiki

The Problem remains even if I give chmod 777 to   install-utils.inc and
images

The file LocalSettings.php is not created

Any ideas to solve the problem ?

1000 Thank`s

Christoph